Is there a description of the Help Desk contact categories?
Yes. When contacting the Help Desk
there are several categories in order to ensure that your inquiry is sent to the appropriate Customer Service Representative to help with your ticket. Each Help Desk
category and their description is listed below, with each category listed under the appropriate team that handles them.
Sections handled by the Help Desk Customer Service Department: Bug Report
If you are experiencing a bug this is the place to report it. When submitting a Bug Report, please be sure to be as detailed as possible as this will ensure that we are able to help you the best we possibly can. If something is only happening on a certain browser or computer, be sure to include this in your report. The following information can be vital for helping us help you with your bug report.
- List the exact feature that is broken
- Describe the bug in detail and include steps on how to reproduce it
- Provide direct links to the location of the problem
- Provide screenshots of your issue. Not sure how to take one?
- Check your browser extensions/add-ons and internet security programs in case they may be causing interference. List of extension and program related problems
- If possible please try reproducing your issue on a different computer as well as one outside of your current internet network
- For inquiries regarding the use of DeviantArt on mobile devices please provide the model name of your mobile device and its operating system (including version number if possible).
- If your issue relates to Prints, Shopping Cart, Order related issues, or Points please submit your ticket to the section related to that featureBefore reporting a bug, please be sure to check the Status Forum first, as the issue you experience may already be known. If it is known, no further reports will be needed. Harassment reports, should not be filed under this category. General Help
This category should be used when you have general questions concerning DeviantArt. IE: Help with using the site, uploading an avatar, or when you need clarification of a faq entry. In other words if none of the other contact categories answered by the Help Desk Team match your needs, this is the category for you. Please be advised however that you should not submit Policy related inquiries under this section, please instead select one of the categories listed below that are answered by the Copyright & Etiquette Administration.
Sections handled by the Retail Customer Service Department: Premium Membership Inquiry
Inquires to this section should only relate to Premium Memberships IE: Trouble purchasing a Premium Membership, refund or transfer requests, help with activating a feature in the subscriber package. As well as any questions you may have regarding the features gained by purchasing a Premium Membership. Prints > My order has not arrived
Inquiries to this category should only relate to orders which have not arrived.Prints > My order has a problem
Inquiries to this category should only relate to problems with orders already placed.Prints > General prints order inquiry
Inquiries to this category should only relate to questions about placing an order or products.Prints > General prints inquiry
Inquiries to this category are in regards to general questions about the DeviantArt print service which are not covered by the areas above.adCast Inquiry
Inquiries to this category are in regards to all questions about the DeviantArt AdCast service.Points Inquiry
Inquiries to this category are in regards to all questions about the DeviantArt Points service.
Sections handled by the Copyright and Etiquette Administration: Policy Inquiry
This category is for any general question, concern or situation involving official DeviantArt policy or for appeals concerning deviation removal or other actions initiated by staff.Abuse Report
This category is the section you should be reporting any abusive or unacceptable behavior found on the site that you believe to be in violation of our policies. If it's a deviation in question, you should simply use the Report Deviation button instead of submitting a ticket. Always make sure to include as much evidence as possible when filing a request under this category.Account Ban Appeal
This category is for use by any BANNED deviants who have questions about their ban or who wish to ask to have their account reactivated.
Information in regards to bans can only be discussed between the banned deviant and the Policy Team. This information will not be given out to 'friends' or anyone else requesting it.DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice
This category is reserved for official Claims of Copyright Infringement to be filed by copyright owners or their legal representatives.COPPA Report
For information about making COPPA Reports please see the following FAQ and HQ BlogFAQ #696: How does DeviantArt comply with COPPA?CEA Blog - How to Report an Underage deviantSpammer Report
This category is for reports about spam content posted on DeviantArt, please note that issues regarding deviants posting abusive or aggressive comments should be submitted as an Abuse Report. Our definition of spam can be found here FAQ #263: What is "spamming"?