What happens when someone is banned or suspended?
Users who have violated one or more DeviantArt policies may be subjected to an account ban or an account suspension.
These actions may be taken either as a result of repeated violations or problem behavior or as a response to a first time offense which is deemed serious enough to warrant administrative action.
Account Ban: Indefinite
- Indefinitely banned accounts will be blocked from all site interaction with the exception of accessing the Help Desk.
- Visitors to an account which has been indefinitely banned will be greeted by a closed, unviewable userpage which displays a message that "This account is inactive."
- All submissions, prints and shop items, favorites, journals and profile information may be removed at the discretion of the administration.
- Indefinitely banned Users will continue to have access to their account settings.
- Indefinitely Banned users will be provided an explanation for the action (privately visible only) on their main account page.
Account Suspensions: Timed
- Suspended accounts will be blocked from all site interaction with the exception of accessing the Help Desk.
- Visitors to an account which has been suspended will be greeted by a closed, unviewable userpage which displays a message that "This deviant has been suspended."
- Suspended Users will continue to have access to their account settings.
- Suspended users will be provided an explanation for the action and a countdown timer (privately visible only) on their main account page.
Deviants who have had their accounts banned or suspended are not permitted to interact with the DeviantArt community for the duration of their ban or suspension. Using or accessing alternate accounts during this time period will result in the alternate account being closed, either permanently or temporarily.
If you believe someone is using an alternate account to evade their ban or suspension, please contact the Help Desk and include the user name of the banned or suspended account, as well as the new account name. Be certain to include as much proof as possible regarding why you believe these accounts are operated by the same individual.
Please also see:
FAQ #221: I was banned, is there anything I can do?
FAQ #325: Will you tell me why my friend was banned?
FAQ #574: Can I advertise on DeviantArt without purchasing an official advertising package?
as well as our Etiquette Policy